Purpose of the Company:
Fosse Healthcare provides high quality Home Care, Supported Living and Healthcare services to both the NHS and private sector.
As a Company our aim is to provide care and support to people in their own homes, this includes older people, younger adults, people who have a learning disability, sensory and/or physical disabilities, dementia, illness and end of life care. The
Company offers a flexible, responsive service to meet the needs, hopes and desires of our clients. Through a person-centred care plan that meets service users’ individual requirements we ensure they receive the service they want that offers them the most out of life. We passionately believe in delivering high quality staff and service to our clients and in doing so, earn their recommendation to others.
Purpose of the role:
The role of the Team Leader is to work in conjunction with the Service Manager to assist in the smooth running of the
service and upkeep of all support delivery, practice and procedures.
- To provide support to the service manager in the operational delivery of a safe and effective service and cover the service in the absence of the Service Manager.
- Have line management responsibility for support workers.
- Lead best practice within the service.
- Mentor new support staff and lead by example
- Ensure the rota is covered at all times.
- Taking a share in the on-call when required.
- Be aware of how many staff vacancies there are in the service.
- To establish strong links with the social workers teams, other community team members and families
- Ensure compliance within contractual obligations.
- Always portray a professional image.
- Protect the confidentiality of service users and of the business.
- Act promptly and appropriately to protect service users from neglect and abuse.
- Undertake regular spot checks, quality assurance and audits.
- Participate in meetings as required.
- Perform any other tasks as reasonably required by Management.
- To assist the Service Manager in ensuring an excellent quality service is supplied at all times.
- Be a point of contact for the support workers and Service Users.
- Ensure all records are up to date within the CQC requirements to maintain compliance.
- Ensure all finances, Health and Safety Checks and daily records are completed and up to date.
- Ensuring that confidentiality of personal and business information is always maintained in keeping with data protection and privacy legislation.
- Maintain and develop established communication practices with the team.
This list is non exhaustive and may change from time to time.
- To undertake such duties and responsibilities of an equivalent nature, as may be determined by the Management team
in consultation with the post holder.
- To undertake training as courses as required which may include obtaining and NVQ to an appropriate level.
- Whilst on support you carry your photo ID card, whilst ensuring you maintain a good standard of appearance and personal hygiene.